Sunday, December 5, 2010

Stimming: Days 2-5 (CD 3-7)

I hate the days between starting stims and your first follicle check.  Makes me so anxious.  I go in tomorrow morning for another date with the dildo cam.  Hopefully we have 2 good looking follies and a nice E2 level.  Depending on where things are at size-wise and what my E2 is they will either continue my dose at 125 units or increase/decrease it.  They check the E2 level because it correlates with maturity/egg quality (between 200-600 per mature follicle).  So, to make a long story short, based on the size of follies on the Ultrasound and the E2 level they will be able to figure out where my follicles are at and what to do with me!

A side note about E2 and me.  The higher your estrogen levels go, the more chance you have to have a blood clot.  Since I have had a clot in the past, my hematologist worries about this.  Therefore I get to shoot myself up with more then just stims.  I also start Lovenox (blood thinner) on day 10 through AF or Pregnancy (fingers crossed!).  This shot really sucks.  It hurts. It leaves ugly bruises. It makes me crabby.  I hate doing it.

Wish me luck tomorrow morning.  I am praying for 2 follies around 12 mms (that means only a few more days of stims and hopefully an IUI Friday or Sat)....

I will post another update tomorrow on what I find out!

No comments:

Post a Comment