Wednesday, February 2, 2011

IF: Midcycle Update

Haven't had much to post lately, not cycling an all, but got a lot done on the donor front yesterday so thought I would update my blog with the info!

We met with the counselor for our mandatory counseling session prior to using Donor Sperm.  She had a lot of good information for us on telling our theoretical child about how they were concieved, so that was very helpful.

Then I got the email from the clinic that my CMV test (a virus that is very common) was negative.  This means we have to pick a donor that is also negative so I am not exposed to the virus. 

Picture me running to the computer to look up the donors we had narrowed it down to to check that the one I really like was negative.  It was borderline comical.  Anyway, it turns out that he is, so that is a big relief.

The final hurdle is getting Kevin's results back after the Semen Analysis this Friday, which they say will take about a week (I think they are trying to kill me by making me wait ;)).  Once we know what we are working with we will be able to decide to proceed with the donor.  We are not holding out for any miracles here, so I will not be disappointed...

That's about it!  It appears that I did Ovulate this month and we made sure to "do the deed", so there is always hope that we don't need the next step, but I am not holding my breath!

I will be sure to post the information and our decision once we have it!

No comments:

Post a Comment